Career Opportunity - Program Manager
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
We are looking for a highly qualified Program Manager to join the CNSF office in Erbil, Iraq.
The Critical Needs Support Foundation (CNSF) was founded in August 2014 in response to the needs of the Yazidi community on Sinjar Mountain. Since then, CNSF has been responding to the diverse needs of displaced populations within Iraq. Our interventions range from providing emergency aid, to undertaking large-scale projects in the sectors of WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) and shelter. We work with local communities and other humanitarian actors to design and implement context-specific programming. Our mission is simple: provide critical support and deliver hope.
While the CNSF office is based in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI), projects are implemented in Mosul and other areas within Iraq. This position will require travel outside of KRI.
About the Position
The Program Manager oversees the design and management of CNSF’s programs to assist vulnerable populations in Iraq. The Program Manager provides strategic, technical and operational support to Project Managers in all aspects of management, including project implementation, monitoring and reporting, logistics, administration, and human resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Contribute to the overall planning and supervision of projects implemented by CNSF staff
· Contribute to the strategic, technical and operational management of CNSF’s projects. This will include developing resources for effective project management, including workplans, budgets and matrixes
· Guide and develop CNSF’s partnerships with the UN, other NGOs and civil society to facilitate capacity building. Oversee the monitoring of projects implemented with partners by managing contractual agreements
Monitoring and Reporting:
· Ensure the production of quality and timely reports to donors, partners and authorities on program activities
· Oversee the collection and analysis of project data and documentation. Provide technical guidance and support to the Reporting Officer on the management and compilation of data per reporting requirements
· Assist in representing CNSFs programs to external stakeholders, humanitarian partners, donors and civil society
· Ensure that CNSFs projects are effectively managed financially. Assist in the planning and authorization of expenditures and provide support in budget forecasting and budget revisions
· Draft and review TORs, coordinate staff and support administrative processes related to leave and recruitment
· Contribute to creating a work environment that encourages collaboration and professional growth
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this role, you must have:
· Advanced university degree in a relevant subject, such as international relations, humanitarian affairs, international development, and/or migration
· At least 5 years of experience in program design, implementation, and M&E
· Excellent knowledge of project management cycle and experience managing large humanitarian projects in challenging environments, including planning and delivery, internal and external coordination, monitoring and reporting
· Experience in developing program strategies and project proposals
· Capacity to manage large teams and work with local partners
· Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish an asset
We are also looking for:
· Excellent interpersonal skills, a team-oriented work style, and experience in working in a multicultural environment
· Ownership, initiative, and demonstrated ability to organize work and time independently
· Desire to learn and undertake problem-solving
· Demonstrated ability to mentor staff and support staff career development
· Clear and effective communication skills and willingness to accept feedback
The successful applicant will be offered a 12-month contract, renewable depending on funding and performance. Candidate must be available to start work on 31 December 2017 and willing and able to work in Mosul and other cities in Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages), both in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org . CV only applications will not be considered. Applications close on 3 December 2017.